Total Hip Surgery
Black Hills Surgical Hospital has been named one of the High Performing Hospitals for Hip Replacement for 2017-2018 as well as receiving the Joint Replacement Excellence award for the last 4 years.
You will have a Care Coordinator, Angel, RN, that will guide you from scheduling to recovery. She will:
- Do your pre-operative interview
- Teach the total joint class
- Visit you post op day 1
- Do your discharge instructions
- Do a follow up call to see how you are doing approximately 10 days post surgery.
Either at the time of scheduling or within 2-3 weeks prior to your surgery, you will receive a call with an invitation to attend our total joint replacement class that will review the following:
- What to bring with you
- Pain Management
- Discharge Instructions
- Physical Therapy (what to expect during and after your visit)
You can also flip through this online book to read more about your surgery.